Kissed partner with cold sore

Hello, I currently have a cold sore and foolishly completely forgot and kissed my partner twice on the buttock and now I am worried I will give them herpes there. They do not have hsv1 any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
COMMUNITY LEADER
Was your cold sore scabbing up or very fresh?
What kind of kiss? Depending on the stage of cold sore and how long your partner was exposed by the cold sore. The skin is thick and resilient on that area so the chances you didn't expose your partner. If your partner doesn't get an outbreak in two weeks post exposure then I would be pretty confident all is well. Most primary outbreaks take place 3-5 days after exposure.
Hope this helps a little
Thank you for your help My cold sore was scanning but I was fresh out the shower so it was kind of a moist weak scab if that describes it. The kiss was more like two pecks not long and not move friction between lips and skin. So you reckon after 5 days that's a good sign but maybe there isn't much chance anyways due to nature of exposure etc? Is it more likely on lips and genitals because the skin is 'softer' there ?
Scabbing* Cold sore had blistered and burst the previous day
COMMUNITY LEADER
I agree that after 5 days it's a good sign. I also think it's low risk with the area exposed. Yes lips and genitals are most vulnerable due to the very thin skin and moist membrane.  I think there waa little chance of you passing the virus drom this
I see. So I can relax and accept my partner won't contract it from this. As I say it was two light pecks nothing vigorous although the scab was not fully scabbed. We have been together for about 5 years and they have not yet contracted it
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would not be overly concerned at all. Like I said after ten days pass take her out to a nice dinner.lol
Haha. Thank you very much for your help
COMMUNITY LEADER
You're very welcome

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.