Only ever had 2 symptoms, 1 month apart

(Sorry my last post messed up.) 1 month ago around May 1st I had a lot of itching & discharge, assuming it was a yeast infection I bought a 3 day Canesten pack then it went away after about 5 days then yesterday the itching started again not that bad but very annoying & the discharge is staring but again when I look at one of the sports that's itchy on my major labia higher up it looks like very little holes like poor's, could it be another yeast infection or herpes? Why did it come back after 1 month & im on birth control could that be causing the itching??
COMMUNITY LEADER
Go get the are swabbed and tested for hsv. Hsv can present like this. So can a yeast infection. See a dr or your gynecologist asap. Timing is very important so don't delay
I've never had any sores though??
But last night I put the Canesten cream on it and  it stopped the itching
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hsv can present as cuts or holes like you describe. I don't believe hsv is the cause but it's better to play it safe

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.