Herpes Community

Possible herpes

I'm scared I might have been exposed to genital herpes. I didn't have vaginal sex with the girl, we only used hands, and she wasn't having an active outbreak, and has been on acyclovir for a few months, I just wanted to know if it is likely that I got the virus. Also after we were done, I went and washed my hands and genital area, with soap and water. Am I okay?
Hi, touching as you describe is not a risk for contracting herpes.
That makes me feel a lot better! We only mutually used hands and washed both hands and Genitals right after
So I shouldn't be worried?
Not  at all
Thank you so much. she also said her last break out was a couple of weeks prior to us doing that. Does that change anything? And can I ask where to read on that? Just to ease my mind. I'm a hypochondriac
No it does not.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.