Herpes Community

Scared for Family

Ok, well this has all hit me so fast, I am a woman, 8 days ago I started developing lesions in the genital area, mainly in the rectum area, I went to a walk in clinic three days later and found out just a day ago that it is HSV, the information on whether it is 1 or 2 has not come back. But I don't know how long I have had this, my last sexual encounter was more than a month ago, and I have been traveling with family since. I have several questions, 1. could I have given this to any of my family while traveling? Such as sharing towels accidentally or through anything else? 2. I also have been dealing with eczema for a few years now, especially on my hands, could I have infected myself on my hands from washing? How would I know, what can I do to prevent further spread? Will this now have to be my fear for the rest of my life, looking for HSV all over my body? 3. I have always wanted a family and kids, will I eventually infect my family and kids one day? I have read some articles of people who have had HSV 2 most of their lives and had kids who were not infected but several years later they develop it, is there any way that I could pass this on to them, if not how can I prevent this? Please help, I am also a college student who has a gynecologist in another town but can't make it back for a few days to ask these questions. I am so scared and don't want to talk to anyone here about this.
Hi, how were you diagnosed with herpes, swab of the sores or a blood test?
They did a swab, which came back first positive and I also had blood testing done but it has not come back yet.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.