Herpes Community

Should I get the IgG test?

I had protected vaginal and performed unprotected oral sex on a guy once (he didn't cum). At 13 weeks after exposure I tested clean for all STDs. I decided to wait to get the IgG type specific tests for both HSV I & II at 16 weeks, just to be sure. But I've been reading too many stories about false positives and now I'm very worried about this. I know the most reliable test is the Western Blot, but I've been searching and I don't think I can get it here (Mexico). Should I still get the IgG tests even when it isn't possible to confirm with a Western Blot?

I suffer from health anxiety so I won't be able to have peace of mind until I have some answers. The few pimples in my thighs and buttocks just make it worse, but they don't hurt and they don't look like herpes to me. I guess I just want some advice and support please :(
Without symptoms of concern related to herpes, it is not recommended you obtain testing. There is no real reason to believe that you have a genital infection from the episode you describe.

If you wish to learn your status, then obtain the IgG test. There are false positives in about 5% of tests, but you will be able to exmaine the results and assess whether you believe this has occurred.
Hi. I tested negative for both HSV I & II at 16 weeks post exposure. Is this conclusive?
It was the IgG type specific tests.
Thank you so much. I will post the results if I do obtain the tests.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.