Herpes Community

Worried

I was recently told by my doctor I was exposed to hsv1.. I have a sore in my nose, I'm not sure if it's my first outbreak or what. It's been there for about a week but it's almost gone. My BF lives far away because of work and I only see him once a month. I was wondering if I performed oral sex with this cut or whatever it is in my nose if it could possibly give genital herpes to him.im just a little worried
You are just like 70% of the population who mostly obtained an oral HSV1 infection during their youth.

If your partner already has HSV1, a pretty decent chance, then there is no risk to him.

If the sore is well on it way to healing then there is no elevated risk of transmission. Not a bad idea to avoid oral sex if an outbreak is occurring.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.