Would HSV-1 appear like this on the lip ?!?

This morning I noticed what sort of felt like a chapped lip on my bottom lip, which was unusual because I just had rubbed lip balm all over my lips an hour prior. So I went to the bathroom and took a closer look and looked like dry scab on two parts of my lip but are very tiny you have to get tremendously close to even see it. There is no pain or irritation jus feels weird or not normal. Could this be a an oncoming OB ? Also how long does the prodrome stage take to actually turn into fluid filled blisters?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi, if your concerned you have herpes then have a blood test but having tiny scabs does not suggest herpes. When we speak of prodrome its most often a tingling feeling as the virus is moving up the nerve but should not last more than a day or 2 before the blister appears.
So basically when anything appear it will fluid filled blisters "if it is herpes" correct?
*it will be - my apologies
yes
Oh okay thank you for your response.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.