Yeast infection or herpes?? Help

One night I had a lot of itching on the right side of my labia minor it went away about 2 days later so I never thought anything of it. A week later I started birth control for the first time, about 2 weeks into my first BC pack I started to have a white stickie discharge it was very itchy my minor labia swelled up and around my labia was red and it was a little sore if I wipped to hard but I think it was sore from me using TP to rub it. I googled if birth control can give you a yeast infection and it said some kinds can, I told my mother about it and she said it sounded like one, I have never had one before so I went and bought Canesten 3 day pack over the counter, after the 3 days the discharge went away but the itching stayed a little, its like inside my vagina where you put in a  tampon. 3 days ago I got my period the first day after receiving it the next morning I woke up and on the right side of my prepuce clitoris but still on my minor labia had a lump it was pretty big, it looked like the vein was swelled up, it didnt hurt but it was a itchy, the next day it went down. I have been looking once to five times a day I have never seen any bumps or blisters, it has just been a little red but I haven't looked before so I don't know if it's always been like that. What do you think it is? I'm freaking out cause I'm young & scared. Do you think it is a bacterial infection, A yeast infection that  wasn't treated properly or herpes?
COMMUNITY LEADER
This surely doesn't sound like herpes. It does sound like a yeast infection.
But after using Canesten 3 day pack, pill and cream wouldn't it clear it up and stop the itching?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Not necessarily. I would recommend seeing your gynecologist.
I made an appointment for next week! Would herpes have already shown up??

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.