healing time for HSV-2 first outbreak

I am a young healthy women.
I had a cut appear on my genitals which happened after sex with my partner (been together about 6 months) about a month ago. I went to the Clinic they said it didnt look like herpes but swabbed me anyway, a week later I was in a lot of pain and result came back positive for HSV-2  it was quite a shock as i was not expecting it at all but i went to the clinic again she checked and said I had quite a few sores which had already burst and it was very painful.
I was given some medicine and I took it for 10 days, I have had salt baths with tea tree oil every other night and the pain subsided and some of the sores went away. I thought it had healed and my bf and I had sex on Tuesday.  It was a only a tiny bit painful and now its quite itchy, I have heard sex delays healing is this true?
  There are still quite a few bumps still on the inside by the opening they dont hurt when you touch them, how long do they take to disappear? Its been around 3 weeks is this normal? The doctor told me they cant put a time limit on the first outbreak as everyone is different. I am feeling really quite down about the thing and I want it over now, is there any advice about the future? thanks
Hi, having sex can irritate any sore as opens up the cuts again and delays healing. Under normal circumstances they heal in about a week or 2. Your boyfriend should have a herpes blood test to confirm his status. Also you should have a blood test now because ifs its negative that would mean you just contracted it.
Thank you for the advice, I will contact the clinic for a blood test!

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
STDs aren't transmitted through clothing. Fabric is a germ barrier.