herpe2 from oral

Hi I let some guy lick my A-S-S about two months ago. And today he told me he got tested positive for herpe 2. I am so afraid now and I do not know how big is the chance that I will get that from it. And when should I do a blood test?

COMMUNITY LEADER
His hsv2 is almost assuredly a genital infection. Hsv2 is rarely an oral infection. Even if he had hsv2 orally (which is a long shot) you still were at no risk. Hsv2 orally sheds so very little that tbere is no realistc chance you would ever get it in a life time of him doing thst to you. I absolutely would not test over this and you needn't worry.
Thanks for the information..I thought herpe 2 can be transmitted through saliva. He just licked my A-S-S, I did not touch his penis..but he also told me today that he has no symptom at all. So I really got confused and frightened
COMMUNITY LEADER
No need to worry. Hsv is not concentrated in saliva. In fact saliva helps break the virus down. No chance you contracted hsv2 from this exposure. None.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.