herpes blood test results, help

I took a hsv 1/2 igg blodd test type specific AB on the 8 of august at a planned parenthood place. I went online today and saw my results, but they said that they will call in a week or two if something positive came up. The results were --HSV 1 IGG TYPE SPECIFIC AB- measure 27.00, unit-index, abnormal flag H. HSV 2 IGG TYPE SPECIFIC AB, measure < 0.90, units-index, abnormmal flag N. WHAT DO THESE NUMBERS MEAN AND THE ABNORMAL FLAG
COMMUNITY LEADER
Positive for hsv1 and negative for hsv2
but i have never had a cold sore in my life if i remember
COMMUNITY LEADER
This is common. I can't renember if you've tested before this. Have you?
i have not
i thought that if you're very stressed out, sores show. and ive been stressed multiple times in the past
COMMUNITY LEADER
That's not really how it works. Stress and trauma can cause an outbreak but that's not a rule.
My educated guess is you've had hsv1 for a long time. Probably since you were a small child and you don't get cold sores. This is very common.
but even if i don't get any symptoms, the virus still can be transmitted. how do i avoid that

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.