Aa
A
A
A
Close
High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
782 Members

Do I have high blood pressure?

My breath gets short often and I suspect it has to do with my blood pressure. I got a BP monitor in August, recorded the results for a few days and sent it back (mistake). In that time my BP went as high as 130/73 and s low as 104/70 (measured at different times of the day).

The thing is that the shortness of breath can strike at different times of the day. Today I got it after lunch, accompanied by fatigue, difficulty concentrating and inability to finish a walk.

I use filtered water and add a pinch of salt to it. In the last blood test I did my sodium was 142 in 136-145.  
2 Responses
P.S. I take a lot of supplements such as ubiquinol, MSM, tyrosine, ginseng, etc but I doubt any of them increases blood pressure. No smoking and minimal drinking. My cholesterol is good too.
You need to check each supplement you are taking as some can cause a rise in blood pressure.  Just google each one and check them out.  Also, make sure it's okay to be mixing the supplements.  
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.