High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
863 Members

High blood pressure symptoms?

Hello
I am 25 years old, last week I checked my blood pressure it was 160mm/hg. But I face alot of strange conditions of which am not sure if they are caused by that blood pressure. Sometimes I have headaches, chest pain and today I feel like pain in my armpits can these conditions be due to that blood pressure? I need help please
Hi.  So, the top number of your blood pressure was 160?  What was the lower number?  Was this a one time reading?  A one time reading may be a fluke.  But you should speak to your doctor about this.  Obviously that is too high.  If your doctor determines that this isn't just a random one off thing and they want to get an idea of your consistent blood pressure, they will ask you to check your BP several times a day and chart it.  Also, if you got this reading from a cuff in say a drug store, those might be faulty.  So, a lot of variables go into things.  You are young. But young people CAN get high blood pressure. Any other symptoms?  Dizzy? Chest pain?  Seeing little floatie things?  headache?
Thank you so much. Yes also I had chest pain, headaches and also I was feeling dizzy.