A
A
A
Close
High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
863 Members

High blood pressure symptoms?

Hello
I am 25 years old, last week I checked my blood pressure it was 160mm/hg. But I face alot of strange conditions of which am not sure if they are caused by that blood pressure. Sometimes I have headaches, chest pain and today I feel like pain in my armpits can these conditions be due to that blood pressure? I need help please
1 Responses
973741 tn?1342342773
Hi.  So, the top number of your blood pressure was 160?  What was the lower number?  Was this a one time reading?  A one time reading may be a fluke.  But you should speak to your doctor about this.  Obviously that is too high.  If your doctor determines that this isn't just a random one off thing and they want to get an idea of your consistent blood pressure, they will ask you to check your BP several times a day and chart it.  Also, if you got this reading from a cuff in say a drug store, those might be faulty.  So, a lot of variables go into things.  You are young. But young people CAN get high blood pressure. Any other symptoms?  Dizzy? Chest pain?  Seeing little floatie things?  headache?
1 Comments
Thank you so much. Yes also I had chest pain, headaches and also I was feeling dizzy.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.