High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
849 Members
Tbd

My dystolic number is 66, way less than 80. Why am I told I have HIGH BP?

External User
My Blood Pressure is 137 / 66.  
Hello and welcome to the forum. Thank you for your question.  Most doctors would say that your reading of 137/66 is borderline high.  Normal BP is 120/80.  So, your top number is a bit elevated. However, one elevated reading is not usually considered high blood pressure.    Do you now track your BP to find out your normal?  That would be wise.  It's important to relax, think soothing thoughts, sit with arm at about arm length when taking BP at home and feet flat on the floor.  Here is an article to review:https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/guide/understanding-high-blood-pressure-basics  

Let us know your next step and continue to work with your doctor.