High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
844 Members

postural hypotension Prevention

I Am a  2nd Year Product Design student currently trying to reduce falls in the elderly. Im concentrating on postural hypotension and its effects in causing falls. I have proposed a device that would compress the lower leg muscles to restrict blood flow the the lower extremities. I believe this would effect the blood flow enough to reduce the blood rush from the head, reducing blood pressure drops. This would prevent dizziness which could lead to falls.
Am I correct in thinking that this would work? or would there be any factors that contradict this?