Holistic Care For Pets Community
184 Members

Bronchitis (Pneumonia) and pancreatitis

6 months ago my18 year old standard yorkshire terrier was diagnosed by the vet to have Bronchitis (Pneumonia) and pancreatitis  For these conditions the vet prescribed 1 10mg Veraflox daily for 3 months, 2  50mg vivitonin, and 2 5mgprednisolone steroid  daily for the rest of his life. He also has the royal caine gastrointestinal dry dog food. I buy the vivitonin, the prednisolone and the food from regularly from the vets, unfortunatly my dogs symptons have started to return As I have now spent the verylast of mysaving onvet fees for my Benji dog my already overstretched  budget just dosent allow for the very expensive veraflox, and so my question is...  Would it  be safe to give my dog Flucloxacillin the human antibiotic and if so, what would the dosage be for my 7.2 kg dog
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet