Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

HPV vaccinces for 30yo and older?

I believe one of the scariest STD is HPV.. coz it's virtually invisible in men! we could have it but not know about it and pass it on to our beloved :( ... it's so sad..

i've been reading about HPV vaccines, but always indicated that it's for 26yo and younger.. why?

why can't it be for us in our 30s? im thinking about getting one to get rid of any hpv if i have it..  
my doctor said i was candidate for the vaccine ............ i am still waiting for him to order it he is also my primary health-care provider :)
and how old are you?
The vaccine doesn't get rid of any strains of hpv that you already have. It also doesn't prevent all hpv . It prevents again 2 strains of low risk hpv that cause 90% of genital warts and 2 strains of high risk hpv that cause I believe 70% of cervical cancer. Ask your doctor if you are eligible, it's a good thing to have.
thanks for that feedback freerider22.. tsk, that's sad..
You can still get the vaccine past age 26 however the effectiveness has not been proven.