Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hypertension Community
894 Members

High blood pressure & cervical spondylosis

I have several spinal issues including advanced cervical spondylosis & DDD. I also have borderline hypertension. I have had cervicogenic headaches on & off for years. Lately, I am having high spikes in my blood pressure (i.e. 177103, 166/103). When I have these spikes, I have neck pain, esp on right side, that go up back of head to forehead. They feel a lot like cervicogenic headache, so I'm not sure if its headache from neck pain or headache due to the blood pressure being so high. My question is, could the cervical spondylosis & DDD actually being causing these spikes in B/P.  I'm just wondering if there is a neurological issues from the spondylosis that is raising my B/P so high, or even swelling in my neck causing pressure on the vessels??  Would appreciate any input
0 Responses
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.