Hysterectomy Community

thermal ablation

I had thermal ablation surgery 3 weeks ago and the first week and a half was a clear discharge and now for the last 7 days I have what I guess is a period. I thought this was suppose to stop my periods but now it is heavier and longer then it was before the surgery. What is going on and what can I expect in the future. How long will I be bleeding for?
Endometrial ablation is a procedure that uses a lighted viewing instrument (hysteroscope) and other instruments to destroy (ablate) the uterine lining, or endometrium. Endometrial ablation can be done by:

Laser beam (laser thermal ablation).
Heat (thermal ablation), using:
Radiofrequency.
A balloon filled with saline solution that has been heated to 85C (thermal balloon ablation).
Normal saline (heated free fluid).
Electricity, using a resectoscope with a loop or rolling ball electrode.
Freezing.
Microwave.
The endometrium heals by scarring, which usually reduces or prevents uterine bleeding.I would strongly urge you to call your gynecologist for an immediate appointment tell him this bleeding is heavy.If you can not get to gyno, and find your feeling very overly tired or dizzy go to the er..You should not be bleeding like this,.You definatley need an immediate examination.