Immunization & Vaccine Community
683 Members

Rabie vaccine rabie in humans please help

Hello I got bit by a 10 week old kitten about 14 days ago so I am getting the rabie vaccines now I got my third shot yesterday and I go for the fourth one on Sunday but the kitten just got out from quarintine and has scratched my foot and drew a little blood.. If the kitten did have am the virus would the vaccines I'm taking now prevent rabies from the second scratch from the kitten? I know I have to quarintine him for another 19 days but I would like to know if the worst was to be would the treatments I just went to and this last shot protect me.. Thank you for your time  I'm sorry I'm not verry good at trying to explain things..
Hi!
Yes, once you have started the rabies vaccine immunization schedule, you are protected against subsequent bites during the time of immunization. However, you may have the extend the immunization schedule for the full course of four shots of post exposure vaccination program. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments