Eleven years ago my son had what the doctors thought was a parasite. He almost died from it. Since that time he has had many strange health problems. He had extremely toxic smelling gas which lasted for many years. When the toxic smell subsided, his joints in four of his fingers swelled to the size of sausages. When the toxic smell came back, the swelling went down. The doctors diagnosed him with Rheumatoid Arthritis and put him on Methotrexate which did absolutely nothing. I have Rheum. Arthritis and feel he was wrongly diagnosed because of me. The doctors thought I was crazy when I mentioned about the toxic smell and the swelling having anything to do with each other. Last week his right leg swelled from about 4 inches above the knee to the ankle. He had lab, x-rays and ultrasound. The x-rays showed no signs of Arthritis at all. After 5 years of swelling, I feel there should be some signs of R.A. His sedrate was 33 and his Hematocrit was 34.7. His Parvovirus AB B-19 was 7.3.