Help Bladder Urgency

Hi there

For the past few months I have had a problem with my bladder.  I seem to need to go to the toilet a lot more and after I have been I need to go again.  It seems to be much worse when I sit down.  I seem to have a feeling like I am leaking all the time and sometimes it feels like I'm wet when in fact i'm completely dry.  I have tried different antibiotics but they dont work.

Can someone please help as I am finding it hard to travel to and from work and I am getting more and more stressed.xx

Charlene
HI,  You sound like you have the classic symptoms of overactive bladder.  Overactive bladder (OAB) is driven by the strong ugency to urinate.  It commonly causes urinary frequency and many patients get up at night to void.  About a thrid of overactive bladder patients can't make it to the toilet and leak urine on the way.  You need to see your primary care MD and make sure you don't have a urinary tract infection, blood in the urine which could be caused by a kidney stone or other problems.  You didn't mention pain, pressure or discomfort in the bladder as a problem so i doubt this is interstitial cystitis.  If your doctor agrees this is overactive bladder, there are a number of medications that would help this problem.  First have the other things ruled out with a urine check and physical exam, then get treated.  OAB is a very common disorder even in young women and stress can make the symptoms worse.  Good Luck.
i feel like that alot and let me tell ya stress makes it worst the mind is a powerful thing you could have an over active bladder ther are meds for this i sweat alot in yhat area which makes me think iam wet when iam not however i understand the stress and worry check into overactive bladder best of luck

You are reading content posted in the Interstitial Cystitis Forum

Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.