Interstitial Cystitis Community
442 Members

IC severe pain

I was diagnosed with Ic shortly after a partial hysterectomy 2 yrs ago.  I had a scope in the bladder and then bladder dystension.  Within 3 months the pain came back with a vengeance.  I am 42 and suffer daily from chronic inflammation burning pain.   I watch what I eat to help but now it seems everything bothers my bladder.   I only drink water and mainly can tolerate veggies, no fruit and little meat.   Sometimes I get so tired, fatigued from the irritability of my bladder.  I can't even take Advil, Motrin, or Tylenol without it causing more pain.   I'm on progesterone, but no other medicine, nothing for pain.   What can I do...I'm so distressed and so tired of constant pain.  Help!

This discussion is related to inflammation or IC?.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.