Interventional Cardiology Forum

Insulin Resistant Syndrome/Metabolic Syndrome

I believe I suffered a mild heart attack(HA) at the beginning of May. I didn't go to the doctor because I didn't want to hear about indigestion or mild angina, as has happened in the past.  I have never suffered from indigestion before, but the 4am wake-up call for the HA came with the room spinning, indigestion which arose from my stomach up through my midsection and turned left right into my heart where I felt a cramp with pain of about a 3.  I moved about gingerly the rest of time and the pain fluctuated btw 3-8. I had a lipid panel with CRP. My CRP was .41, My TC: 111, HDL:39, LDL 56, VLDL:16, Triglyercides 79 and my glucose was 103. My wasit is about 37.  I have Hypertension and am AA and I have continued to feel nauseated and dizzy throughtout the day and sometime at night. Do I have IRS or Metabolic Synrome and what's the difference between the two.
Likely you do have the metabolic syndrome which can lead to insulin resistance and ultimately diabetes mellitus.  You should have some type of stress test to evaluate your symptoms.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.