Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

Fast heart rate whenever I eat salt?

I have been having a heart rate of around 100 for 6 months now. I also had extreme insomnia and other symptoms like ringing in ears and shortness of breath. My doctor reffered me to cardiologist that found nothing so far. Only recently I noticed, that all of these symptoms comes only when I eat something salty/fatty that day (not sure, if it's only salt or also fat, because most of salty foods I eat have loads of fat), and I was eating foods like this all the time. The day I stopped eating salt, was the first time in those months I did not feel like in hell again, although heart rate was still higher that normal and I still felt anxiety. After a few days of not eating salt I ate a bag of crisps and that was the worst night that came after- I did not sleep until 6am and my heart was racing.
Maybe someone experienced something similar? Should I ask my doctor for kidney tests?
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem