Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

If you have had your blood creatinine levels checked, were they too high, too low...

..., or within the normal range? - What Are Normal Blood Creatinine Levels?Normal blood creatinine levels vary and depend on age, race, gender, and body size.Normal serum creatinine ranges are:0.6–1.1 mg/dL in women and adolescents aged 16 and older0.8–1.3 mg/dL in men and adolescents aged 16 and older0.2 or more in infants, depending on muscle developmentSerum creatinine ranges are lower for women because women have less muscle mass and, thus, a lower rate of creatinine formation and excretion.Normal blood creatinine levels also vary by race. For non-Hispanic blacks, the average blood creatinine is 1.25 mg/dL in men and 1.01 mg/dL in women. In non-Hispanic whites the mean blood creatinine levels are 1.16 mg/dL in men and 0.97 mg/dL in women, and in Mexican-Americans the values are 1.07 mg/dL in men and 0.86 mg/dL in women.
My husband's creatinine level is 3.5. He is an alcoholic and is in the hospital now. We have to get his levels down.
I had an increase in creatinine after a head CT with contrast. Wonder if this is normal; value is 1.32.
I am a single kidney person and recently I checked my kidney function by a creatinine test, which says that eGFR count is 86 and creatinine levels are 1.16.
I'm on dialysis. I have a GFR of 0. My creatinine was up to 1270. I live in Canada and our units are different. I think it's about 20 in the United States. I feel terrible when my creatinine is over 1000.
I am male, 51 years old, and my creatinine level is 1.4 mg/dl. Wondering if this is high. Thank you.
My mother is 100 years old and was hospitalized for heart failure. Her creatinine level is at 700. Doctors say that she is at a point of no return.
My creatinine level is 0.53.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem