Avatar universal

Which doctor should I visit for my condition? nephrologist or urologist?

Hello all,
I have been dealing with my kidney stone issue for years. I am in regular contact with many doctors. They have diagnosed me with cystinuria Kidney stone. They advised me with many different treatment. Now I want to choose one doctor and stick my routine with his/her treatment. I want to be monitored by only one doctor to avoid further medical confusion. At this stage I don't have any big stone stuck in my bladder (no emergency situation). I am trying to prevent any upcoming complication and do check ups now and then. My questions is which doctor should I continue go to at this stage? nephrologist or urologist?
1 Responses
15695260 tn?1549593113
Hello and welcome.  This is really a judgement call as both can treat kidney stones.  A nephrologist is probably more specific to the issue though.  

Any follow up from your original question?
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Kidney Stones Community

Top Urology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.