Hello! Good day [or evening] to you all!
Before I head to my concerns I'd like to mention a bit of my medical history and background (I hope it's helpful):
I'm nineteen, female and my lifestyle is fairly active.
Last March, I was rushed to the hospital due to a very high fever. I was confined for four days and diagnosed with infectious mononucleosis (and I never heard the end of it from my mom HAHAHA). Ultrasounds done showed a swollen liver and an enlarged spleen. I apologize as I've lost the results of the bloodwork done back then.
Symptoms completely disappeared and within two months (May), I was feeling fine.
Early June, I noticed a weird lump on my neck. At first, I thought it was nothing-- probably the virus still trying to attack a bit. Then as the months passed, it hardened and grew more pronounced (slightly bigger). I went to my school clinic and they told me to have my ears cleaned. They said if the lump was still present after two weeks post-cleaning, have it checked. My mom mentioned the lump to my derma (September) and he said it was a lymph node and not to worry.
A day after said consultation, another node popped up, this time a bit under my chin. I went to an ENT and he said not to worry-- during this time, I was having a bit of trouble breathing deeply. Two weeks passed and I developed pain in the right rib area. Concerned, my mother took me to a pulmonologist and he asked my why I didn't have the nodes checked sooner.
He ordered some tests be done. Here's a summary and the test results:
Chest Xray (Oct. 9) - Clear
Rib Cage Xray (Oct. 9) - Clear
CBC (Oct. 1) - Values were all normal except my platelet count which was at 451. I assume this is unremarkable.
ANA Blood Test (Oct. 9) - Negative
TB Blood Test (Oct. 9) - Negative **Quantiferon test**
Summary of my symptoms:
- Enlarged node on right side of neck (firm, rubbery, immovable); noticed 4 or 5 months ago
- Enlarged node under chin, near throat (firm, rubbery); noticed 2 or 3 few months
- A lump near the base of my neck, back side, inches away from my shoulder blades (rubbery); noticed yesterday HAHAHA
- Both nodes and the lump are painless
- Occasional pain near right top rib (under breast)
- Frequent mid-(or top not sure??)chest tightness and discomfort and pressure (feels like a track is being squished, more noticeable when stretching)
- Frequent dizziness
- I easily run out of energy nowadays, it's quite frustrating
Hopefully useful information:
- I haven't had an ultrasound done to check the nodes
- Strong family history of cancer (breast, stomach and lung)
- I didn't have Primary Complex
I'd appreciate any ideas on what I can do and what's going on with my body. Any comments are appreciated. I'm only slightly concerned because the tiredness and dizziness are affecting day-to-day performance. Follow up with my pulmo is on Oct. 21!
Also, I'm super sorry if any of you find this inappropriate to post on this specific section :(