Aa
A
A
A
Close
Lung Cancer Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

3 Lung Nodules

I was experiencing some strange breathing sensations in the past couple of months with some heart beat sensations.  The sensations have since subsided and at this point it was determined to be anxiety,  In the course of getting checked for this I went through several test, EKG, stress test, many blood test, chest x-ray, Ct scan with contrast.  The only thing that came up were 3 nodules on my lungs the largest being 5mm.  I was a light smoker less than a 1/2 pack a day for 20 of the last 30 years I quite 2 years ago. My pulmonary doctor said that most cases these nodules are nothing, but I need to be monitored for the next 2 years to make sure they are not cancer.  I have another CT scan scheduled for August.  Does what I am hearing sound correct?
1 Responses
322973 tn?1239904438
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
An incidental CT scan finding of lung nodules less than 5 mm is usually not significant.
Your physician is right in suggesting a repeat CT scan imaging to keep a watch on these nodules.
It is great that you have quit smoking 2 years ago, please continue to abstain.
All the best, and God Bless!
Popular Resources
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
How your health improves once you quit.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.