Lupus Community

Should I be tested for Lupus?

Lupus runs in my family and I wanted to know if I should get tested for it.  

I have some health problems:
-Skin, punch biopsy (results received a week later) showed Psoriasis.  Plaques (some ring-shaped) considered moderate to severe.
-Nail pitting, one nail bed separation, brittle nails.
-Stiff, achey joints (especially in the ankles, knees, neck, and shoulders); degenerative disc disease in neck, sacroiliac joint dysfunction; symptoms of sciatica.
-Rhematoid factor negative
-Hypothyroidism
-eGFR was 50 (told to follow-up)
-Eyelid swelling/facial edema;
-Cold intolerance (causing asthma and bluish colour to skin); my hands, feet and knees immediately turn ice cold and very painful with inactivity (in a matter of minutes).
-Headaches; memory problems.
-Constantly fighting fatigue.
-Palpitations
-Menstrual irregularities (mid cycle spotting)

I am 26 years old, female
I'm taking eltroxin for hypothyroidism (in the morning), a multivitamin (at night), and applying clobetasol ointment for psoriasis.
Pitting, discoloration, crumbling, loosening, thickening or horizontal lines can be due to nail psoriasis. About 25% with psoriasis also develop psoriatic arthritis.

90% of all cases of hypothyroidism in the US is caused by an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  Both psoriasis and Hashimoto's thyroiditis are autoimmune diseases.  If you have one autoimmune disease, you have around a 25% risk of developing another autoimmune disease.  

An excerpt from the book "The Everything Guide To Thyroid Disease" by Theodore C. Friedman, MD, PhD and Winnie Yu Scherer:

"Although the majority of people with Hashimoto's will not develop any other disorders, it's important to know what some of these autoimmune conditions are in case you do start to experience symptoms. Keep in mind, too, that you may be more likely to develop Hashimoto's if you have one of these other conditions.

Type 1 diabetes
Pernicious Anaemia
Addison's Disease
Vitiligo
Celiac Disease
Alopecia Areta
Systematic Lupus Erthematosus (SLE)
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Sjogren's Syndrome
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)"
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.