Avatar universal

Looking for a Lyme doctor in western Pa.

am looking for an Lyme-literate medical doctor in the Western Pa.area. Does anyone have any information regarding these types of doctors, or if they accept insurance? Thank you in advance for any responses.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
973741 tn?1342342773
Hi there. The type of doctor that usually diagnoses and treats for lyme disease are rheumatologists or infectious disease doctors. These specialties are usually covered by insurance. This link may be very helpful to you. copy and paste into your browser. https://aldf.com/finding-a-physician/  Aldf stands for the American Lyme Disease Foundation. This link may help as well as it is the department of health for the state of Pennsylvania. https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Vectorborne%20Diseases/Pages/Lyme.aspx  You have some pretty major hospital system in PA and am sure there are good doctors that treat this and you also, in Western PA, are close to the Cleveland Clinic which is stellar. Do you think you have lyme, I take it?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Lyme Disease Community

Top Infectious Diseases Answerers
1415174 tn?1453243103
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste
Fend off colds and the flu with these disease-fighting foods