Anyone worried over North Korea stating they wont honer the 1953 peace accords??

Today in life, with just the everyday things that are going on, there is so much to think and worry about. Then come home eat your dinner watch the evening news and bam!!!! Right in the face you hear about a crazy little nut case in North Korea, that says they are not going to honer the 1953, peace accords. They set off a nuclear bomb test and this idiot is willing to start a war.

My big Question is we have 30 to 40 thousand trrops on the DMZ, and if they do try to invade South Korea the men and women of our country there wont stand a chance. So why don't we do something about it? This man needs to be stopped, he could very well sell a nuclear device to the Islamic nuts of the world. Plus we owe to our men and South Korea to put a stop to this idiot. Now before all of you bleeding heart liberals jump all over me think about what this nut is trying to do, start a world war, he even has Russia worried.

So I had my say lets see how much I am going to get beat up, and how many agree. So have at it...peace and love to all...brian
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
In these times, it will take us all working together to keep peace. No one man or one nation for that matter will be able to do this alone, hence the talks with Russia, Japan etc. I think we need to look at the bigger picture here.  As far as Israel goes, per the book, anyone who messes with Israel is in big dodo.  Israel has kept its restraint so far thanks to the us, however, they are getting tired of being picked at and I don't blame them. As far as what is being done by our president, I am sure behind the scene it is being dealt with. Let us remember that not everything that goes on in Washington, we are privy to, nor should we be. Otherwise there is no such thing as security of our country.  I trust the people put in place by the president to keep their eyes out and take steps accordingly.  Just cause they are not on the news every day telling us what they think is irrelevant
Helpful - 0
This mornings news that N Korea has sent another short range Missile and called the US and S Korea hypocrites I hope you are right those who think we should stay on the sidelines, I dont think it bodes well ,and does send a message to others like Iran that we have no real power anymore ..if we have our President doesnt feel inclined to do anything, I think out threat level has been raised .By the way it isnt really okay in this economic climate for him to be flying all over the place to rub shoulders with Hollywood, it costs a fortune for him to move out of Washington, its all politics .
Helpful - 0

I think the Obama administration realizes that China is going to have to step up to the plate in this situation. Without a doubt, the Obama administration is working behind the scenes in dealing with this situation. Of course China is the main supplier for North Korea and supplies oil and food to the starving country. So they have more leverage in this situation and are going to have to get onboard and threaten Kim Jong II.

I don't worry about the situation, but I am concerned. What concerns me the most is that if all of these countries, including China, cut off supplies to North Korea.... then what will Kim Jong do then ? Since his country is armed with nuclear weapons, then what would stop this madman from selling that technology to Iran or other terrorist controlled coutries ?

Obviously this is a difficult situation and since our resources are tied up in Iraq and Afghanistan, we are going to have to ask other countries to step up to the plate and I believe they will.
Helpful - 0
I cannot believe the crazy criticism of Obama.
From;
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01/16/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4728085.shtml

"George W. Bush is today making his final visit to Camp David as president....The planned three-day stay, during which the president is being joined by family and former and current aides, will bring his total time spent at Camp David to all or part of 487 days. Yes, that's 487 days. And Camp David is not even where the president has spent the most time when not at the White House: Knoller reports that Mr. Bush has made 77 visits to his ranch in Crawford during his presidency, and spent all or part of 490 days there."

That's one third of his presidency spent away from the White House - did you think that was alright? What do you think that cost the US?

The truth is the US can't do anything about N. Korea without China's involvement. China supports N. Korea and without China's support N. Korea would be completely isolated and broke. If that happened there would be no food which would trigger a mass exodus from N. Korea into China and China doesn't need a huge influx of people right now.
But, if Japan and Taiwan threatened to build up their military and we proposed putting anti-missiles on the S - N. Korea border China might act in order to attempt to maintain the type of "stability" in that region they like. But, China is the key and we can only do so much. I wonder whether you preferred the bluster of our former president. I thought it unseemly and quite ineffective and probably damaging.
Iran? I detest the rhetoric of Ahmadinejad and concede that he could prove to be very dangerous if he had nuclear capabilities. But when you look at the big picture I don't think Iran has ever, in its history, invaded another country - if you don't count providing weapons to insurgents in Iraq. Iran is a country which does have real estate abd real assets to protect and a nuclear strike would assure its annihilation. I don't believe that Iran would make that choice. I worry more about Pakistan which seems to be losing control to the Taliban who don't appear to have any interest in protecting anything - even their own lives. That situation scares me more than does Iran.
Pakistan, India, N. Korea, China, France, Israel, United Kingdom, Russia and the US all have nuclear weapons but we tell Iran they can't have that capability. No, I don't like seeing them on the verge of having that weapon but I really don't like anyone having nuclear weapons. I have trouble understanding why we assume the right to dictate to another country what military capability they are allowed to have. If we really do have that right what can we do to stop them? The world is not like it was and we can't seem to control other countries like we used to be able to. We all really do see that - don't we? And it is not Obama's fault - surely we can see that clearly. I know when we're frightened we want blame someone but it really isn't that simple.
Something that occurs to me is that here we are, only 4 months into Obama's presidency and I hear people saying that he owns the economy - that he is responsible. OK, assume that 4 months in the economy is on him and N. Korea is as well and Iran too. If that's true then how can anyone not say that 911 was Bush's fault and that he bears full responsibility for those attacks? He was nearly 8 months into his presidency after all and he did have intelligence warning of an attack and yet he did nothing to protect us. It really is unbelievable that the same people who say that Bush kept us safe when we were attacked 7.5 months into his presidency can turn around and say that Obama is to blame for our economy, Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons and N. Korea's missile testing and nuclear capability only 4 months into his presidency.
I should repeat that I am not in awe of Obama and I have disagreed with several of his decisions. I do not see him as a messiah or a deity or perfect. I do see him as a reasonable man trying hard to get us out of a very difficult situation and I am willing to give him some time. Apparently many here don't see it that way.
Mike
Helpful - 0
nowhere on this post did anyone say anything about the economy so stay on what the post is about ok!!!!

and china is blocking anything the UN wants to do about North Korea so they arent going to step in, and stop the
Helpful - 0
It's SO good to hear from you and read your intelligent remarks.  I have missed "discussing" with you.

One note - those that blame Obama for the economy-  Does that mean that he should be also commended on the news reports that we are about to approach recovery?  Several economist have stated that they believe that within a year we will be out of the recession and even though unemployment might continue to rise - we are close to a recovery.  SO, does he get a high five for that accomplishment?  I bet he won't.  

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the MedHelp Social Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?