a rough day

Hey all.....just needed to be where there are more people like me.  Having a bad couple of days with pain and frustration....  Sometimes I get so tiret of being honest with people hen they ask "how are you doing".  I dont want to be a whiner when people ask, but sometimes that is how I am really feeling.  Anyway.....I just had to come "home" here with people that really get it.  Sorry I am just a little sad and frustrated today.  Its actually going to be 40 degrees here for the first time in 100 days, and I wish I felt good enough to take the dog for a nice walk....  Well, maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for just letting me vent for a few.....  Some days, I am not sure how much more of this I can take.  I just want to be normal again.....Normal with out the continuing pain.......just normal.  Thanks all.....

Jaime
Jamie,
   Hang in there.  Not sure why this did not show up in my e-mail box...
This is a safe place to vent!  We have all been there, the constant kidney
grates on your nerves..., and is very hard to handle.  I have felt like I was passing another stones all week and today was really bad,,, it hurts so bad I was nauseous etc.and still pretty weak now!  What we need to do is throw a full blown pity party balloons and all.

I don't mean that sarcastically only that i have been through so much in all of this that at one point I actually kept balloons in my purse for a pity part outburst and any moment!   It just helped me keep my sanity!

HOW ARE YOU DOING WITH THE STEPS TO HELP YOUR PAIN LEVELS?

HAVE THEY CHECKED YOUR VIT. D ?

ARE THEY PLANNING TO DO THE SURGERY BY DR.WOLF ETC.?

KEEP ME POSTED AND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VENT HERE!

Shelly
Thanks for the encouragement.  I like the pity party idea.  It seems like this last few days  have just been icky.  Meds, rest, heating pad, warm baths and then do it all over again.  But again, I am so greatful to have a place where it is ok just to come, vent and cry.  I try so hard to keep my feelings and frustrations at bay in front of everyone, it is really nice just to, again be here.

My pain levels these last few days have crept up to a 7-8 depending on the day.  My pain meds are not coverning once it gets that high, so I have to use the morphine.  That does help.

My vit. d levels are low and my primary started me on vit d supplement.  When I went to mayo, they started me on calcium citrate everytime I eat and that I think has helped.  Now today when I got up my piddle looked like grapefruit juice.....so, It would be resonable to assume that there is another infection flaring up.  It makes sense since I have felt the way I have.

There is no talk to do the dr. wolf procedure.  But when i feel ok I have started taking palates and yoga to help breathing through and relaxing with the pain via deep breathing.  Really...it sounds corny but it does help a little...

Anyway....I just take things one day at a time and know that I have friends here.  Thanks for letting me vent and not thinking ill of my whining.  Hope you are feeling better also.
Why is there no talk of trying the procedure by Dr. Wolf?  Have they taken any of the other steps to help you? Like checking your Vit D levels or trying an antibiotic?

Shelly
Hi Jamie Sorry to hear you are under the weather. I have only just found this site and it looks like the right place to vent... It is nice to have people who know what you are going through...

I really hope you are feeling better soon
Sarah xxx
HI Sarah and Welcome!!

Shelly
Thanks you so much for your nice words.  Yep this site is kinda like home for me.  Hope you find the wealth of information that this site has.  Welcome to the family.

You are reading content posted in the Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community