A
A
Close
Menopause Community
3.08k Members
4804873 tn?1360166137

Am I pre-menopausal?

Hello,
I'm 40 years old, and my last 3 periods have been 10-14 days late.  So it's longer and longer between my periods.  I'm currently 10 days late,  and I feel like I'm going crazy.  I have crazy thoughts.  I am under a lot of stress with some things that have been going on.  But I've had this amount of stress before in my life, and I've never been more than 2 or 3 days late,never.  I feel like I have a horrible case of pms for at least 2 weeks out of the month now.  I've read I could be pre-menopausal, even though this could last for years until actual menopause hits.  I never feel "good", and I certainly don't feel normal.  I will get bad cramps and be so sure my cycle is starting, then it doesn't.  I cry easily and in front of anyone.  Could this be what is happening?  
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
As you are 40 years of age and having these symptoms,so the chances of premenopause are more.The normal age range for the occurrence of menopause is somewhere between the age of 45 and 55. Symptoms of premenopause are irritability and mood swings,hot flashes,night sweating,irregular periods,decreased blood loss during periods,dry vagina,breast heaviness and tenderness and joint and muscle pain.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.