A
A
A
Close
Menopause Community
3.09k Members

Vag Dischrg w/ blood, menopause?

Hi,

Please tell me I'm not alone here. I swear my body has been falling apart the last 2 months. Let me start by saying that I had gastric sleeve surgery for weight loss in 2012. I've been healthy since & I am 5 '2, weighing 132 pds.

I'm 50 yrs old, had a uterine ablation about 10 yrs ago & have not had a period since then.  Many of my friends have started going thru menopause, but as far as I know, I've not had any symptoms.

Here's a 6-8 wk history on what's been going on. Related? Coincidence it's all happening at once?  Not related? You tell me.

*  Early to mid Sept - watery mucus vaginal discharge started
*  Early mid Oct - started having discomfort in the upper middle part of my stomach AND lower left back pain  (usually at the same time). Dr thought it could be stress related & that I was developing an ulcer. Rather than take meds since I was going to be travelling for 2 1/2 weeks, internationally, we decided I would start taking Nexium. I tested positive for h pilory but was told it could be a false positive & that I'd have to have another test to confirm it.  Since I was traveling internationally, I did not have time for more tests
*  Mid to end Oct - flew to Ireland for work. End of the 1st day the white part of my left eye become totally blood shot; where I was told by a pharmacist that as long as I didn't have pain / headache, I must have had a blood vessel pop, perhaps from cabin pressure.  Mind you, I've been flying my entire life & this has never happened.
*  Early Nov - The day after I returned from my last trip, I developed a body rash out of nowhere.  Back, legs, butt, arms, every where & I had not eaten anything new or used any new soaps, perfumes, detergents, etc... Went away after 2 1/2 days
*  Week ago - my mucusy discharge started becoming more mucusy whenever I wiped. Typically, did not discharge as much on to panties but more when I wiped. No pain / no burning / no itching / don't think there's a smell
* 2 days ago - after 10 yrs of not having a period, I had blood associated w/ the mucus discharge.

The last few months I've had a stringy (not thick) clearish / white mucus discharge. It's progressively gotten thicker to the point where when I wiped the toilet paper was wet. For the first time in years, when I went to wipe, I had a very stringy discharge that had blood in it.  I've not had any pain, itching or burning sensations with this.   Also, now that I'm back on my standard timezone & sleeping once again, I'm exhausted at night. Typically the morning person, I'm having a hard time wanting to get out of bed in the morning. Is it the weather? Am I fighting something?

Am I falling apart? Am I deficient in something? Is this a sign of pre-menopause? Do I see my primary Dr again or do I see a gyno (which I haven't seen in years)?

Sorry for the long post & thanks for listening!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.