Aa
A
A
A
Close
Menopause Community
3.09k Members
415867 tn?1323369103

weight gain, night sweats, 27 yr old female. need insight please!

Since December I have had 26pounds of unexplained weight gain.  The only thing that has been different is that I started an antidepressant but am on a very low dose.  During this time I also had the mirena but had it taken out b/c I got such headaches from it.  Today I had a recheck with my normal provider to check my iron and ferritin levels again.  My ferritin was 10 back in feb. with the normal being : 14-350 ng/mL today it cam back at only 18 after being on iron 325mg since feb.  My iron was only 29 in feb. with the normal being 60-140 and today it was 96.  She is still keeping me on the iron to hopefully raise my ferritin. She won't be happy she said until its at least 50.   She rechecked my thyroid and all my electrolytes today and all is normal.  She is sending me for an endocrinology consult.  

Along with the unexplained weight gain I have been having horrible night sweats.  I have always warn many clothes and many blankets to bed until a few months ago when i've only used a single blanket and barely wear clothes if any and I sweat like crazy. I'm just drenched at night!! Not normal for me!!!

Another tidbit to my story is that when we went to the IVF doc he told me that I am in the early stages of perimenopause and my AMH being only 0.6 (very low) for a 27 year old.

Can anyone give me insight to all of this? What tests should I be asking the endocrinologist for? THoughts? Anything?
1 Responses
The night sweats are a symptom of low levels of progesterone. This will also lead to difficulty conceiving. Get your progesterone checked.
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.