Aa
A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.2k Members

Can straining while constipated affect my penis?

A week ago I was constipated and strained until blood came out of my anus. It was a bright red blood that stopped after I wiped several times. I'm currently on fiber supplement and no longer constipated but my penis feels weak and to be honest I haven't tried getting an erection yet as I'm still ina bit of pains down in my anus. However , at night I would get slightly hard, whereas I used to be rock hard. Is there any possibility of me damaging any nerve during the straining? I am 23 years old
1 Responses
20801659 tn?1520446993
Some medicines has as side effect the possibility of turning erections into something really difficult to get, so regarding the medical problems you were having, did your doctor/pharmacist tell you to take any medicines whose side effect included that ?
1 Comments
No she did not mention. I'm currently on fiber supplements, pain medication and metronidazole. Il be sure to ask on my next appointment is on Monday . Also I noticed after urinating, I leak a drop or two when I sit down, bend over , or put any pressure on my stomach. I'm hoping this is just a side effect as well
Have an Answer?
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1530732573
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.