Men's Health Community

E Coli and Prostatitis?

Long story short I had some issues with urinary frequency and hesitancy. I went to a urologist and he told me I had E Coli in my urine (I believe he did a urine test of some kind). There is something strange though. Besides the urinary symptoms, I'm experiencing premature ejaculation (not sure if it's because I laid off the masturbation for a while) and another symptom that freaks me out: Sometimes when I ejaculate, I can't urinate for over an hour. And when I try really hard to pee, sometimes precum comes out instead, and all of a sudden I feel aroused again (as if the initial ejaculation wasn't enough to secrete all the semen). Is this normal/consistent with E Coli? My urologist also says it's bacterial Prostatitis caused from the E Coli. I appreciate the thoughts.
Why do you not trust your doctor? A UTI means that you had bacteria in your urine which is what I guess he meant by e coli in your urine. If you got fecal matter in your urethra, that  would lead to a UTI.  That has E coli in it.  So, you were basically diagnosed with a UTI, correct?  Need to be careful of means of getting that fecal matter in your urethra.  Clean hands are important for example if you touch someone's anus or even your own.  Did you take medication to treat the UTI?
Yes. I'm taking Doxycycline now when he found out that the bacteria was resistant to Cipro. My question isn't whether I have a UTI or not (I trust my doctor). I'm asking if the whole thing with my ejaculation issues sound relevant. He sort of brushed them off when I told him the issue, so I'm asking here.