Avatar universal


How do guys deal with large testicles...I dont really want the operation
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
20620809 tn?1504362969
So, you believe this is hydrocele? Have you been diagnosed by your doctor? Typically, once past infancy, it occurs due to inflammation or injury. Did you have a precipitating injury that you recall? You've been fully evaluated? You need to rule out tumor or hernia. It does go away on its own for many. How long has it been? Can you take an Nsaid or anti inflammatory to help? (like ibuprofen)? Do you have pain or is just visually bothering you? Surgery is the usual route when it won't go away.  It is not usually considered major surgery or anything but understand that it is invasive at a sensitive area. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hydrocele/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20363971
Helpful - 1
Diagnosed hydrocele. Told I am not in danger if I choose not to have the op. Just wondering whether to have another general anesthetic. I have a had a few in the past. Prefer to manage it if I can. Thanks for very full answer.
I'd do a wait and see. If it seems to be problematic in any way, you can consider surgery. But if not, there is no need.
Avatar universal
If you haven't had a physical in recent years, get one soon, and ask the attending physician some questions about your testicles.  I presume you've been reading about hydroceles and have decided that's what you have.  And that may not be true.
Helpful - 1
Yes it is diagnosed ...thanks so much for reply. I just am unsure if i want the operation.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
Avatar universal
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.