Avatar universal

I have recurring small raised red marks on the glan of my penis - what are they?

Hi! I have small flat raised bits of skin on both my penis glan (1 spot) and on the underneth of my foreskin. I've had them for about a year and a half after previously contracting thrush. Always in the very same place, sometimes they blend in with the skin around and sometime they appear red.

I've been tested for STI and all clear. They're not itchy and never form a scab. They're just very slightly raised and smooth.

What's causing them and what do i do? Thanks in advance!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
I think you should visit a doctor. This may be a fungal infection as well as some not completely treated STI. Have you been tested for STI only once? If yes, repeat the analysis, better on the day when these spots get bright red.
But before doing this, check what soap/gel you use for intimate hygiene. Such symptoms can be the results of an allergic reaction, even when they are not itchy. Try to use pure, not harsh water for washing your penis, and the simplest soap without flavored additives. My skin on the testicles reddens and flakes because of the soap with flavors.
Helpful - 0
707563 tn?1626361905
Google pearly penile papules and see if that fits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirsuties_coronae_glandis - it's Wiki, but it's got a decent picture (don't open at work or anything).

Probably not as likely, but also google Fordyce spots - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordyce_spots (same deal - don't open at work).

They are totally normal, no need for concern. Has your doctor seen them? What did he/she say?
Helpful - 0
Thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortuantely i don't think it's either of the above. These are more like skin tags than spots. I've created an IMGUR image here so you can see if you;re interested. https://imgur.com/a/Mb1d4eB
I'm not a doctor, but I agree with you - that's not PPP or Fordyce spots.

It's been like this for over a year? It could still be a fungal infection, like thrush. You should get a doctor to check it out. Nothing replaces an exam and testing. If they aren't sure, ask them to biopsy a spot.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
Avatar universal
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.