Avatar universal

I'm looking for a fat removal procedure

I'm looking for a fat removal procedure but I don't want to go under the knife, as they say. The prospect of that terrifies me. Heard about coolsculpting so I was wondering if someone can shed some light on it?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
20620809 tn?1504362969
I'm more for the old fashioned way through diet and exercise. If you don't change that, all the gat removal procedures in the world don't work because your lifestyle will take over again.  How much do you want to spend?  It's also worth noting that the most info you will ever find on this procedure are from the 85,000 plastic surgery doctors that want to make money off of it. I'd research who is good to go in your area if you are considering it and set up a consultation.  That will depend on where you are and is unique to everyone reading this. Mostly, issues associated with it are during the procedure (uncomfortable tugging sensation) and recovery for the first two weeks after.  There is a rare complication that affects mostly men called paradoxical adipose hyperplasia.  When that happens, fat cells grow bigger rather than what you want, less.  It's fairly new.  I would rather do this than a surgical procedure because of the less invasive nature of it but would also know ahead of time that there are going to be some plastic surgeons that shouldn't be doing it and liposuction is a little better known in terms of potential issues.  

What part of your body are you considering this for?
Helpful - 0
Agree on bettering life habits over interventions, as it will lead to longer lasting results. I personally lost 30 pounds that way, feeling better than ever and didn't get it back.
Avatar universal
Fat removal from where?  If you are talking about the mons pubis (where some men have a prominent fat pad which partly buries the penis) II know of no plastic surgeons who do fat removal at that specific spot.  BTW, as for losing weight, that area of fat is the LAST spot to shrink down.  Plastic surgeons need to develop "monsoplasties."  It isn't rocket science.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
Avatar universal
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.