Men's Health Community
13.6k Members
Avatar universal

Infection in pereneum now some sweliing

57 yo male.... I have had a semi hard 1inch long maybe about 1/4 inch wide piece of what feels like cartilage or lipoma under the skin of my pereneum for about a year or longer,  and as of last Friday night has gotten infected and swollen.
It is very tender and not comfortable walking and sitting...even at night laying down it is painful when I change positions.... what may this be and what type doctor should I see??? for infection/pain and maybe removal of this thing??
2 Responses
207091 tn?1337713093
Hi -

I'm sorry no one has responded before now. I think any doctor will be able to help with this - you may need an antibiotic to start with, and then a referral to a urologist. Just to go an urgent care or something where you can be seen as soon as possible, and get started on treatment. They'll help you from there.

Let us know what this is, and how you're doing.
20703499 tn?1552605515
Surgery to remove lipoma is not complicated. The surgeon usually makes a small cut on the skin and then squeezes out the lipoma. The patient can return home in one day without hospitalization.
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562368567
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.