Men's Health Community

Is taking more than 20mg of Cialis a danger ? I am 77.

My question is concerns the usual  recommend dose 20 mg of Cialis. What are the consequences.  Advice especially from users of similar age and professional appreciated.
I don't wish to see the doc.

I am 77 and use to taking Cialis 4x5mg each time I find a need for past 4 years. Recently few months its flabby but not sufficiently erect to penetrate. I am told 20mg is maximum Wonder what are the danger of takin 4x5mg . I have mild blood pressure and taking 40mg MICARDIS. No other medical issue.I go for brisk walk for 2 hours daily and swim 10 laps of olympic length pool twice a week.
Taking more of any medication than as prescribed can lead to harm.  Were you prescribed this medication? I ask, because one of the potential issues with taking it, even as prescribed, is interference with medication used to treat high blood pressure. https://www.rxlist.com/cialis-side-effects-drug-center.htm

Please don't take extra - if it's not working for you, you may need to switch medications.  Taking more does not increase the likelihood that it will work.  It only increases the risk of side effects. https://www.drugs.com/medical-answers/cialis-40mg-extreme-ed-691790/
I was prescribed Viagra it was for use within a short period and my wife may not be in the mood that is why I switched to Cialis.

Cialis  has served me well for the past 4 years until recently that the effect was irregular as it may be aroused but will go flaccid without notice.

That is why I am seeking advice.
I'm not sure why you don't wish to see the doctor, but you really should. This could indicate that something else is happening, beyond ED, and it may be an easy solution.

If you were my husband, I'd rather you see the doctor and make sure you were as healthy as possible than try taking more medication that could possibly have very serious side effects.
Thanks all for precious advice. The point is that I hve no other medical condition other then high blood pressure.
I dont feel any more flushing except occasional diarrhea which is manageable everything as as per normal.

Unless you have been to a urologist lately, it is not possible to rule out other problems such as prostate issues.  In any case, taking more Cialis than prescribed will not improve your chances of getting or maintaining an erection.