Avatar universal

Lump on penis, help/advice?

Right so I've had this tiny lump for a while just there, caused me no problems - woke up the other day and it's swollen and leaking with pus - instictively I squoze it which was probably a mistake. Anyway, it's on the right side of the penis and the surrounding area now feels swollen too and it's became partially filled with pus again - slightly worried about this so if anybody could shed a light on what the cause is I'd be grateful + should I see a doctor.
Also it's directly on the right side of the penis, if erect it seems to be far below the head and if not it seems to be slightly below it more toward the shaft.
non explicit images, just of the lump itself.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
20620809 tn?1504362969
Ya, do NOT squeeze things like that.  We have so much dirt and bacteria on our hands even if we wash frequently.  And squeezing it can cause an infection which you do NOT want!  Have you had unprotected sex lately with a new partner?  I'm trying to make sure this isn't a herpes lesion.  They swab that to see.  In fact, I think it would be a good decision to see your doctor to take a look at this.  Is that a possibility for you?
Helpful - 0
I'm not sexually active at all, I suppose I'll have to go see a doctor about it especially since it's causing me some discomfort - hopefully it's nothing serious, do think it may be infected though.
Okay, well, that is good that you don't have to worry about an std then. It really could simply be an infection of a hair follicle or skin issue.  Get it checked---  I wouldn't be overly worried though.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.