Avatar universal

Lump under pubic hair

Where the top of the hair comes up towards my hip that area of hair there is a small lump underneath the skin I squeeze it but nothing happens and is sometimes itchy anyone know what it could be or should I be worried
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
207091 tn?1337709493
How long have you had it? Is it growing? How big is it - is it like the size of a cherry? Maybe a lime or lemon?

I think you should get it checked out by your doctor. Without knowing much about what you are experiencing, it's hard to say what it is, but maybe it's an inguinal hernia.


That's a big guess, of course.

Stop trying to squeeze it, and let a doctor check it out. Let us know what happens.
Helpful - 0
No it’s quite small and I’m only 15 so I’m not sure ?
It hasn’t grown and I’ve had it for maybe 2 weeks and I’d say it’s the size is slightly smaller than an m and m so quite small
Oh that's good - being that small means it's probably not a hernia.

Have you been sexually active? If you have been, this doesn't sound like anything related to a sexually transmitted disease, so you don't have to worry about that.

Is there anything on the skin that looks funny - like is the skin infected, red, irritated or anything, or does it look normal, just with the lump?

Can you tell your parents about it? I know that usually the last thing you want to talk about with your parents is your genital area, but since it's lasted a couple of weeks and isn't going away, you should. Maybe your dad, or another male adult you feel comfortable with if you'd rather talk to a man than your mom?

No haven’t been sexually active the skin seems to be ok it’s just dry skin  around the area ?
Also yesterday after I pulled away some of it and squeezed a small amount of  clear liquid came out
Well, that had to have hurt.

It could have just been an inflamed oil gland. If it returns, see your doctor. Don't squeeze it - really, just leave it alone - and let your doctor see it. If it gets infected, let your doctor see it.

Keep the area dry and clean now. Use a gentle soap on it at least once a day - more if you are really active and sweat a lot - and watch it for redness, draining, swelling. If it starts to feel warm or hot to the touch, or seems weird in any way, let your doctor see it. I'm sure it will be fine, but better to be safe than sorry.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
Avatar universal
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.