Men's Health Community

Post-Hernia Repair Swelling

Just had a large left inguinal hernia repaired last thursday that pushed it out of my scrotum which look ginormous at the time. When i woke up my scrotum look rather normal but a couple days later i noticed it started swelling a bit but nothing even close to what it was before. I read that there is usually fluid that fills up where thr hernia used to be for a couple weeks but im not sure. Any amswers would be helpful
The healing process after an inguinal hernia repair takes 8 to 12 weeks. to complete  Because the surgery involves ligaments and is often a somewhat bloody procedure, it takes a lot of time (a week or 2) for the swelling to go down.  Meantime, for at least 8 weeks you are not to lift anything heavier than a cup of coffee, and do not allow yourself to get constipated (straining is bad).  You can help the initial process of healing by staying off your feet (bed rest for several days to a week if possible).