Aa
A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.7k Members

Purple patches/macules on glans

For the past 7 months or so I have noticed areas of deep purple coloration on the head of my penis. The colour seems to vary depending on temperature and with the amount of blood that is in the penis and is also more visible under different types of lighting. The patches are all around the coronal ridge and appear more prominent and seem to look more like spots on the left side. They do not appear to be raised. I have also had pain in glans which initiated the regular inspection of the area and led to the discovery of these patches. The pain tends to be sharp and lasting only a few seconds but at times it has also felt bruised. The glans as a whole has also been quite sore throughout. I have seen my GP who couldn't see a problem but did routine urine and blood tests and I have also been to the GUM clinic on several occasions and tested negative for STDs (urine & swab). They gave me treatment for thrush on 2 occasions which only seemed to make the glans more inflamed and had no impact on the purple areas, they then prescribed a soap substitute emollient (diprobase) which has also not helped.
1 Responses
I also have a picture but am not sure how to upload
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.