Men's Health Community

Raised bump/scar in pubic area

Hello everybody, I have been monitoring this bump/scar/raised skin thing for the period of about 3 weeks now. It feels like the skin is tough underneath it and it hurts to touch. The bump is located in the pubic area. I have removed an ingrown hair from this site before in the past. But now it looks like a scar and the bump has been growing. If you lift the skin, it follows with it. To put it in perspective, the scar/bump you see in the picture almost feels exactly how a grain of sand would feel underneath the skin, just softer. I have been applying antibiotic ointment to see if it would take care of it, and it has done nothing to my advantage. What are all of the possibilities and how should I treat this? Ingrown hair? Cyst? STD? Thanks in advance!
Skin problem is difficult to diagnose and treat. This can be done by dermatologists who is in the skin practice for a  long time. This will ensure correct diagnosis and treatment plan.