The head (glans) of my penis is white

I'm 21 years old and I've recently started pulling back my foreskin and leaving it pulled all the way back behind the head. I've noticed that parts of the head that my foreskin was covering before is lighter and white in color. I haven't been consistently pulling my foreskin back until very recently. I was wondering is the white color simply because the head hasn't been exposed enough or is it something else? Apart from the color, there is no itch/pain or any other symptoms relating to this. I was wondering whether I should go to a clinic and get this checked out. If so, how would I even approach this subject.
You could probably find photographs on the Internet to show a normal penis with foreskin retracted, and could see if it looks like what you're finding.  Vitiligo comes to mind, but usually white skin in vitiligo is patchy, not even.  There's a white substance called smegma that can accumulate under the foreskin, but that can be washed off.  It might just be normal pigmentation, which is why I suggested you try some online health pages and look for a normal penis with retracted foreskin.

If you do decide to talk to a doctor, you could ask for a urologist.
Upload pictures on a link if possible

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community