Avatar universal

What kind of doctor should I go to for erection problems?

Hi, I'm 20 years old and I have been having problems with getting and maintaining erections since I was about 17. I've asked around at what kind of doctor I should go to and I've gotten 2 different answers. I've been told to go to an Internal Medicine doctor and a Urologist.  Which should I go to? Or are they both wrong? Thanks for any help in advance
4 Responses
Avatar universal
You should discuss the issue with your GP and they can refer you to the proper doctor for an investigation into the cause.
Avatar universal
I told my Primary Care doctor, and she told me that she'll ask me again in a year. I can't wait that long
Avatar universal
try going to a Urologist

Best luck with to u

Avatar universal
Thank you. I set up an appointment with the urologist for Wednesday. I'm hoping my problem will be solved.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.